Building and Motivating Teams
This programme is for Managers who want build better teams by shaping the set-up and getting the best out of others to the benefit of all. It draws on impactful and practical approaches to managing each person as they need to be managed and motivating them in line with the team’s real goal.
Accelerated full day workshop followed by post course e-prompts and buddy coaching to help integrate learning into day-to-day behaviours. Practical and interactive. Includes group work and work in pairs. Max recommended group size 15.
- The Manager’s focus of attention when leading a team.
- Stages of team development.
- Building the team by agreeing team identity, mission statement and shared values.
- Team goals and priorities – how to ensure they are well formed and achievable.
- Who plays what roles - achieving the right balance in the team.
- Managing different people differently.
- Overcoming the barriers to team performance.
- Dealing with challenging individuals.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS CAN DO AS A RESULT
- Determine where the manager’s focus needs to be to lead a successful team.
- Make choices to balance their responsibilities for the overall team, project/tasks and individuals
- Recognise which stage the team is at and take appropriate actions to move it forward and achieve results
- Agree the identity, mission statement and shared values with their team
- Use a simple model to set team goals that fit with the strategy of the company and are achievable
- Identify the roles people play in the team, what works well and who is missing
- Use the Logical Levels model to spot where there are problems in the team
- Work with the team to overcome barriers in a creative and fun way
- Be comfortable dealing with previously ‘challenging’ team members.
FOLLOW UP PROGRAMME
We make sure that learning continues beyond the classroom
- E-prompts: behavioural reminders and coaching style questions to maximise learning
- Action cards: self-addressed cards with action reminders
- Online questionnaire: measure the impact of the programme
"Really useful day - supported my knowledge and gave me new ideas. I'd recommend it to other managers here" - participant industry, financial services
Our results and service quality are exemplary. We know because we listen to our clients. We offer a rock solid money back guarantee to prove it. We guarantee that:
- Workshop participant feedback will at least be consistently good about the facilitator and the workshop
- You will look back on your investment and be completely satisfied that we were the right choice of provider for you and your organisation
FOR A COURSE DELIVERED AT YOUR ORGANISATION
Number of trainer(s): 1 trainer
Investment per group: £2,500.00
If you want more information about Building and Motivating Teams please get in touch today
RELATED TRAINING COURSES
Request More Info by Email
Email us on
Contact Us Today
Have your questions answered now on
+44(0)20 7407 0044.
Overall course rating
out of 5
Participants specifically applying what they learnt