Coaching for Performance
This starter course lays solid foundations for coaching and gets straight into the 'doing' from which managers learn quickest. It's simply the most impactful material anywhere in the world and requires a minimum of time away from the day job.
- Why bother with coaching?
- What’s your role as a Manager in developing people and managing their performance?
- The learning cycle, learning styles and the stages people go through learning new things
- The effect of your own state on others in your team
- Forward thinking feedback
- When should you instruct? When should you coach?
- Effective and ineffective questions
- How to use the GROW ME process of problem solving
- Tips for coaching in the ‘real world’
- Lots of ‘having a go’ so you learn by doing
WHAT PARTICIPANTS CAN DO AS A RESULT
- Know what is meant by the terms ‘coaching’, ’mentoring’, ‘training’, ‘counseling’
- Have a clear understanding of the Manager’s role in developing people
- Be able to deliver forward thinking feedback
- Know the value of coaching vs instruction
- Devise effective questions and know how to listen for the real answer
- Use the GROW ME process of problem solving
- Be able to build real rapport - a foundation stone of effective communication
- Learn how to do real-life quick-fire "coffee machine coaching"
- Participants can expect to be able to coach, not just talk about it
FOLLOW UP PROGRAMME
We make sure that learning continues beyond the classroom
- E-prompts: behavioural reminders and coaching style questions to maximise learning
- Action cards: self-addressed cards with action reminders
- Online questionnaire: measure the impact of the programme
"I would definitely recommend that other managers go on this course" - participant industry, Media
"Grounded in reality and not on meaningless role play. Loved it" - participant industry, Media
Our results and service quality are exemplary. We know because we listen to our clients. We offer a rock solid money back guarantee to prove it. We guarantee that:
- Workshop participant feedback will at least be consistently good about the facilitator and the workshop
- You will look back on your investment and be completely satisfied that we were the right choice of provider for you and your organisation
FOR A COURSE DELIVERED AT YOUR ORGANISATION
Number of trainer(s): 1 trainer
If you want more information about Coaching for Performance please get in touch today
RELATED TRAINING COURSES
Request More Info by Email
Email us on
Contact Us Today
Have your questions answered now on
+44(0)20 7407 0044.
Overall course rating
out of 5
Participants specifically applying what they learnt