What is Coaching?
Coaching is the process of helping another person to perform at the peak of his or her abilities through a unique co-designed relationship. This involves drawing out their strengths through careful observation, feedback and support, and facilitating him or her to function and perform as they wish. The key here is that most of the learning occurs 'on the job' or back in the flow of things as opposed to through some academic chit-chat.
A recent CIPD study suggests significant benefits for both individuals and organisations:
- 99% feel coaching offers tangible benefits to individuals and organisations
- 96% feel coaching is an effective way to promote organisational learning
- 92% feel effective coaching has a positive effect on bottom line
- 78% use coaching to enhance individual performance
- 30% use coaching to enhance underperformance
- 68% Increased self awareness
- 62% Better goal setting
- 61% More balanced life
- 57% Lower stress levels
- 53% Enhanced self discovery
- 52% Increased confidence
you:unlimited offers a range of coaching services or can tailor coaching to your specific needs.