Terms and Conditions
We employ solicitors when we need to but we are not legal experts. So if you are anything like us you will appreciate a short summary that cuts to the chase about what our standard contract contains and what we both have to do so that everything runs smoothly.
Please note that this is only a summary, and does not form part of the contract for services between you and us. You should seek independent legal advice if you are unsure of any aspect.
- The engagement letter and the Contract terms form our contract for services with you. The engagement letter contains the description of what services will be carried out and for what fees
- You need to sign both copies of the Contract and send one copy back to us
- cl 2.3 - In most cases further work is requested by the client at a later time. Any changes or additional work can be described and agreed in writing (including e-mails) and both us of will accept that whatever is put in writing is covered by the Contract that we signed.
- cl 4 - the materials we provide to you are for the purposes of this contract and you cannot use them for any other purpose or show them to third parties without our written agreement. This is because we have worked long and hard to create our products and services and would like to protect all that effort.
- cl 5 - all materials and intellectual property which we use and create is owned by you:unlimited.
- cl 6 - either of us can terminate the agreement in writing with 28 days notice. The contract can also be terminated if you do not pay as agreed or if we do not do the job we agreed to do.
- cl 6 - how long you can leave it to cancel - you have a minimum of 28 days notice you must give us. Any less and you incur 50% of the related fee for that element of the work. Less than 14 days and the 100% of the fee is payable.
- cl 7 - we will charge expenses only as outlined in the engagement letter. Usually this covers standard class travel and accommodation if necessary for work at your site.
- cl 8 - we invoice you and you pay you:unlimited any day in advance of the delivery date of an event or 30 days after the date of the invoice, whichever is later.
- cl 9 - neither of us discuss what comes up when we work together without writing to the other and getting agreement to do so
- cl 10 - We carry PI insurance up to £500,000 (underwritten by Hiscox) to give you peace of mind.
- cl 11 - Even though we have never done so, if we did sub contract any work we would still be responsible to you for all our obligations in this contract. You'd have nothing to worry about.
- cl 12 - we protect any confidential client information.